Wednesday, September 24, 2008

yarn, ike, ninja cats, and other mutterings

Yes, Sue, it's been 10 days, but I've had bits and pieces in here since the 17th...just haven't had time to compose the post.

So. Yarn, news, stuff, Ike! Yikes.

Let's get the yarn out of the way - now, I didn't buy all of this at once. Some was from Weaving Department, the rest from Hancock Fabrics:
  • 1 50g ball Trendsetter Yarns "Aura Antique" (100% nylon) in colorway #3001 Animal Print (green, brown, dark antique gold, antique silver, glitter)
  • 1 50g ball Trendsetter Yarns "Aura" (100% nylon) in colorway #7503 Plum (dark hot pink)
  • 1 100g ball Noro "Kureyon Sock" (70% wool, 30% nylon) in colorway #S180 Wine (purples, cherry, aqua, orange)
  • 3 50g balls Crystal Palace "Tingle" (100% polyester) in #A3127 Black/White Tweed (greys/white/blue)
  • 1 50g ball Needful Yarns "Piccadilly" (54% nylon, 24% acrylic, 20% mohair, 2% lurex) in colorway #350 (white/black/gold, silver glitter)
  • 2 50g balls Berroco "Crystal FX" (100% nylon) in #4710 Mica (silver and glitter)
  • 2 50g balls Berroco "Crystal FX" (100% nylon) in #4706 Carbon (deep midnight blue and glitter)
  • 1 100g skein Reynolds Yarn "Blizzard" superbulky (65% alpaca, 35% acrylic) in colorway #673 Camel (beige). Was used for the Small Cabled Purse designed by Susan.
  • 1 3.5oz skein Premier Yarns "Angel Self Shading" (100% acrylic) in colorway #63-207 Baby Daisy (white, green, yellow twist)
  • 1 3.5oz skein Premier Yarns "Angel Self Shading" (100% acrylic) in colorway #63-205 Blue River (teal, white, sky blue, aqua twist)
  • 1 3.5oz skein Premier Yarns "Angel Self Shading" (100% acrylic) in colorway #63-202 Pink Dream (pink, white twist)
  • 1 3.5oz skein Premier Yarns "Angel Self Shading" (100% acrylic) in colorway #63-201 Peach Candy (peach, purple, pink, white twist)
  • 1 4oz skein Lion Brand "Baby Soft" (60% acrylic, 40% nylon) in colorway #217 Candy Print (white with pink, green, and yellow flecks)
  • 2 50g skeins Lion Brand "Moonlight Mohair" (57% acrylic, 28% mohair, 9% cotton, 6% polyester metallic) in colorway Arctic Circle (white, grey, black, silver metallic)

The Baby Dream is already in use - as BSJ #5. Sigh. I don't know what's wrong with me...these little sweaters are addictive. Looks like Jen may be getting more than 1 baby sweater!

Weaving Dept had their Back-To-School Sale (ergo, me buying yarn) and I made the Small Cabled Purse out of the skein of Blizzard during the sale.

Finally, in Opal news, Nancy called the distributor to make sure that WB wasn't making them delay the HP yarn. The verdict? Opal is shipping the HP yarns as scheduled. Nancy told me she'd call me as soon as they were in! W00t! Can't wait!

A viral vid off YouTube this week:

Ninja Cat!


Mwhaa!

Pluto and I had an adventure this week. Okay, he had an adventure, and I was a wreck. Sunday night, Plu started acting as if he'd hurt something, not getting up when called, levering himself off the floor and gingerly sitting. First, I figured he was - well, not pottying. Nope. Everything that was going in was coming out as usual. The lethargy lasted all day Monday and into Tuesday. By lunchtime on Tuesday, I was very worried, and so made an appointment to see the vet early the next morning. So. We visit! Decided on x-ray to make sure he didn't break/fracture anything. Guess who had a bad reaction to the anesthetic? Sigh.

I missed the whole day on Wednesday, they didn't find anything, and he's back to normal. Meh.

The Cardinals aren't going to the playoffs, and color me shocked. They were officially eliminated during the 7th inning of tonight's game against the Diamondbacks (gasp, we won). The last 4 weeks have been abysmal, so I'm not the least bit surprised. Ah, well, there's next year.

At least the baseball guys aren't doing as badly as the football guys. i'm not sure the Rams are actually a pro team. We're 0-3 and let's go for 0-16! W00t! Bleh. It's so bad that Bulger has been benched - Green will start this weekend. We'll have to see how it goes.

On the other hand, the Missouri Tigers are ranked #6 in the country (down from #5 last week) and start conference play this weekend. Go Tigers!!! They're 4-0, and the Mizzou-Nebraska game will be on ESPN on Saturday. Football night!

I took some pics of the local damage caused by the 5 inches of rain we got in 3 hours last Sunday (Sept 14th). It was kind of strange, seeing preparations for the storm. I think the biggest thing were the boom cranes - I see 5 of them on the way to work every day (a pair at Edward Jones in Des Peres, another pair at St. John's Mercy at I-270 and I-64, and a single one at the Edward Jones project at Dorsett) and they were all pointed northeast. It was just really weird!! I put all my lawn furniture into the storage shed and made sure all the windows were closed and locked. When I went to bed at 3AM Sunday morning, the leading edge of the rain was about 20 miles away - but there was absolutely no wind here. It was very strange! I went to bed, and slept thru the whole thing. I woke up a little at 7 AM to the rain hitting the windows in my bedroom - which are under 4 foot deep eaves - and promptly rolled over and went back to sleep. Lindbergh flooded, the 24-hour Walgreens had several feet of water inside, the park across the creek was 4 FEET deep in water. Unbelievable. Locally, three people died; one was killed by a falling tree, and two others were swept away while trying to move their cars. The Pirate Fest was closed for the day due to the parking lot swamp. All in all, we fared a heck of a better than Texas, but Ike really walloped people as far north as Cleveland. Amazing. I took pictures of some of the mud left after the park drained, and you can go look at them here.

Lastly for today - but waay not least - D called to make sure that the tickets for Equus were for Friday because....drum roll...her mom is taking us to see Billy Elliott on Saturday! W00t!! Elton John songs! omg! I am SO looking forward to this trip, I can't tell you.

Now I just have to figure out how to cram 4 days worth of clothes into a 21" rolling carry-on. Yikes.

Cheers!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if the HP Opal had come out yet....

Kismatt said...

She said she'd call me as soon as it make in. "You'll be the first to know!!" :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I see its been ten more days....