Monday, January 19, 2009

yarn and dan rad on conan

Well, I'm still here. Sue thinks I'm MIA, but I'm not.

I did find a sock yarn cache of epic proportions in my storage room, so be prepared! This is a scary list, considering that it is NOT counting the (mostly hand-dyed) yarn I have in the office. Note that I haven't bought (much) yarn in the last month - I'd say that the Kroy Stretch and the Baby Jacquard have been the last purchases....I do have one from Dyeabolical that I need to shoot and list. Later.

The mondo list:
  • 1 5oz skein Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" (100% acrylic) in colorway Freedom Ombre (red, white and blue)
  • 1 5oz skein Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" (100% acrylic) in colorway Autumn Stripe (sage, rust, green, burgundy, orange)
  • 1 5oz skein Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" (100% acrylic) in colorway Cranapple Stripe (cream, cranberry, red, green)
  • 1 4 oz skein Red Heart "Hokey Pokey" (100% acrylic) in colorway Sunshine (yellow with red, blue, green, purple and yellow fleck)
  • 2 5oz skeins Red Heart "Super Saver Multi" (100% acrylic) in colorway Lipstick (red, burgundy, pink, rouge)
  • 2 5oz Red Heart "Super Saver Fleck" (96% acrylic, 4% other fibers) in colorway Aran Fleck (cream with brown, black, rust, and dark green donagal fleck)
  • 1 100g ball King Cole "Stonewash Double Knitting" (70% acrylic, 30% cotton) in colorway Denim (blue and white)
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #13 (white, grey, charcoal, sky blue). I call it "Glacier".
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #11 (grey, blue, yellow, orange)
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #15 (red, green, blue, yellow, orange)
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #16 (purple, charcoal, orange, pink)
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #09 (charcoal, grey, white, blue)
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #08 (medium to very pale blue)
  • 1 100g ball of Plymouth Yarn Co. "Sockotta" (45% cotton, 40% SW wool, 15% nylon) in colorway #12 (bright green, red, yellow, blue, pink, orange)
  • 1 100g ball Colorado Yarns "Worsted" (100% superwash) in colorway #1415 (blue)
  • 1 100g ball Fortissima "Colori 1000" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #490 (blue, forest green, leaf green, red, yellow, burgundy, orange)
  • 1 100g ball Regia "Plus Cotton Jacquard Color" (25% nylon, 37% cotton, 38% wool) in colorway #5274 (dark to light blue, cream to chocolate brown, white/grey dot)
  • 2 50g balls Lane Cervinia "Forever Jacquard" (75% superwash, 25% nylon) in colorway #10 (red, green, purple-blue, white/black dot)
  • 2 50g balls Regia "Ringel Color" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #5048 (pink, light orange, blue, lime green, yellow)
  • 2 50 g balls Regia "Stretch" (70% wool, 23% nylon, 7% polyester) in colorway #88 (olive, pea green, tan, brown, charcoal)
  • 1 100g ball Scheepjes "Invicta Coloris" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #1702 (burgundy, dark yellow, purple, blue, green, cream, white/black dot)
  • 1 100g ball Scheepjes "Invicta Coloris" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #1700 (bronze, blue, grey, white/black dot) Ravenclaw house colors!
  • 2 50g balls Regia "Jacquard Color" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #5274 (dark blue, sky blue, light chocolate brown, tan, white/black dot)
  • 1 100g ball Rellana "Flotte Socke" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #828 (white, red, yellow, blue)
  • 1 100g ball Trekking "XXL" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #23 (red, white, yellow, purple, green)
  • 2 50g balls Regia "Mini Ringel Color" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #5220 (purple-blue, sky blue, med green, leaf green, black)
  • 1 50g ball DGB "Confetti" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #236 (charcoal, grey, white/black dot) Souvenir yarn from Wool & Wicker in Richmond, BC.
  • 3 50g balls Patons "Kroy" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway #54040 (black)
    1 3.5oz skein Bernat "Baby Jacquard" (90% acrylic, 10% nylon) in colorway Berries & Cream (yellow, very light pink, pink)
  • 1 3.5oz skein Bernat "Baby Jacquard" (90% acrylic, 10% nylon) in colorway Cherry Berry (white, pink)
  • 2 50g balls Patons "Kroy Socks" (75% wool, 25% nylon) in colorway Flax (grey)
  • 2 50g balls Patons "Stretch Sock" (41% cotton, 29% wool, 13% nylon, 7% elastic) in colorway Mineral (sky blue, medium blue, grey, orange, brown)
  • 2 50g balls Patons "Stretch Sock" (41% cotton, 29% wool, 13% nylon, 7% elastic) in colorway Licorice (black, grey, charcoal)
  • 2 50g balls Patons "Stretch Sock" (41% cotton, 29% wool, 13% nylon, 7% elastic) in colorway Taffy (cream, caramel, chocolate brown)
  • 2 50g balls Red Heart "Heart & Sole with Aloe" (70% superwash wool, 30% nylon) in colorway Rustica (medium brown, orange, blue, red, white, sky blue)
  • 1 7oz skein Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" (100% acrylic) in colorway Orange. This is for Karen's fingerless mitts (Fetching).
  • 1 3.5oz ball Yarn Bee "Haute Fur" (100% Exoline) in colorway Rouge Wiles (red)
  • 1 3oz ball Yarn Bee "Gilt Eyelash" (55% polyester, 45% lurex glitter) in colorway Passionspark (peachy pink)
  • 1 3oz ball Yarn Bee "Gilt Eyelash" (55% polyester, 45% lurex glitter) in colorway Star Ruby (red)
  • 1 3.5 oz ball Yarn Bee "Elvish" (100% polyester) in colorway Almond (cream, tan, white) Hedwig colors.
  • 1 3.5 oz ball Yarn Bee "Elvish" (100% polyester) in colorway Raisin (pink and dark purple)

Some notes on some of these:

I bought the King Cole Stonewash Denim along with a ball of the same yarn in pink that were knitted into my very first pair of socks. I don't have those socks anymore - they were 'borrowed' by Steve R. just after I finished them because he had no thick socks for hunting! He still wears them, and it's been at least 10 years since I knitted those.

I love Sockotta - and at one time had every color that had been dreamed of at the time. Several of the ones listed above have been discontinued for at least 6 years.

It amused me that two of the yarns - the Scheepjes Invicta "Ravenclaw" colors and the Regia immediately following the Invicta are both Ravenclaw house colors - and I'd bought them long before I'd even read the Potter books, let alone before I was sorted into Ravenclaw!

The Colorado Yarn was bought as a test skein for the Aran-styled sweater Jack which is still in design and test phase. I've designed 5 sweaters for the Stargate: SG-1 team (original team plus Jonas) that are on paper only. I'd seriously considered doing them in colors, but I think I've decided to make them all cream-colored. It is a pretty blue, though.

I also found several pairs of socks that I'd finished knitting, and for some reason hadn't finished grafting and weaving in the ends. One was in Regia Plus Cotton, one was Swizzle greys, one was in Sockotta stone browns (I think that was the same pattern that I sent Linds when she went from crutch to cane for the first time many years ago!) and one knee-hi pair in what looks like Fortissima Colori self-striping. Go me!

I'm almost finished with Lisa's scarf - I soooo want to be done with this thing. I've been sneaking in more rows on the Ron socks...and I really want to finish Seeker.

Dan Radcliffe was on Conan O'Brien again this past week - the clip is on YouTube...er, it WAS on YouTube. Removed. oops!

Sue in OR and I were talking about Mr. Rad a little tonight - I know this sounds odd, but I'm starting really see what he's going to look like in a few years, when the rest of the adolescent 'baby fat' has melted away. His features are becoming sharper. It's rather hard to explain, and not sound like a perv. ;) He is (imho) good-looking now, and will be striking in a few more years.

The Japanese version of the international trailer for HBP was capped over on the hbpmoviepics comm on LiveJournal - there are a few caps that I haven't seen yet, and so we're all waiting anxiously for the English version! The new caps had the Harry/Ginny kiss literally a breath away...I think they're trying to kill us. Guh.

Pitchers and catchers report in 26 days. YAY!!!

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Tomorrow - Inauguration Day! Going to be a busy news day, I think.

Cheers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think you're MIA...I've been staying up past 9pm!