Saturday, February 9, 2008

okay, false alarm

It's been a busy week.

Lots of stuff going on at work, including 2 totally new projects that are taking up the whole day as we learn how to do what we do. *reads that* Okay, that's cryptic, but that's why I'm in Security. Oh well.

The funniest thing that happened was the entire SRT department getting trapped in the elevator at work for 45 minutes last Saturday. Yes, we had me, DN, LW, and GC all trapped in the elevator on the 4th floor. The call box in the elevator calls *Connecticut*, and the nearest tech was an hour away. How can they be an hour away when we're in the middle of St. Louis County is beyond me! Sheesh. We called Tam and she called Corp Escalations, which answers at the call center 4 miles away, which in turn called the Telephony Care on the third floor of our building. We were rescued by one of the supervisors! Yay Ryan @ Charter! We were lucky that there are 5 people who work on Saturdays besides us.

Needless to say, we've all been taking the stairs a lot this week, even though we're on 4. Good exercise.

I went to go pick up the blue yarn at the Weaving Department on Monday, and discovered that Brown Sheep sent the wrong color. WAH! They sent China Blue instead of Navy Nite. *grumbles* The good news is that Nancy called them, and they're gonna send out the right color and not charge her for shipping.

They did have the royal purple, and I have been asked to demonstrate cabling at the February Sale at my LYS! I’ll be showing off the completed back and sleeve, and working on the second sleeve as my example. Come by the Weaving Department if you’re in the St. Louis area on Feb 10 (that's tomorrow). I'm up to the end of the second repeat, and it's moving along smartly.

Oops, forgot a yarn I bought:
  • 2 50g skeins of Cascade Yarns "Sassy Stripes" (superwash wool/nylon) in colorway #718 (black, grey, gold, red) - it's a very Harry color. *grins at t'other Nancy who agreed with me*

One of the podcasts that I listen to is PotterFicWeekly (which is a complete laugh riot, OMG), and one of the hosts had her house wrecked by a tornado spawned from the storm system that passed thru last weekend. We had rain rain rain from it, but no severe weather. She's fine, her hubby is fine, her dogs are fine, but she's basically homeless at the moment. The forum is waiting to see if she needs stuff, so keep Rinna in your thoughts.

Lastly, I finished the Blues Jaywalkers! Yay! No new pics yet, but they'll come when I get them taken. I'm working up the leg of the first Twinkle that I cast on before the end of January, so I'd qualify for the Sockdown on Ravelry. I have yarn everywhere!

Okay, that's all for me. Cheers!

No comments: