Wednesday, February 27, 2008

fanfic and podcast posting

Just a note (okay, so, it's longer than I thought it was gonna be. Shoot me.):

The latest PotterCast (#140) is up and going, and I'm sad to say that listening to the podcast, I'm just about as smart as John Noe. *hangs head* Altho, I have to say I DID know Babbity Rabbity.

Also up and running is the PotterFicWeekly 'Season Finale', Special Episode #13. All I can say is that I love these guys - I joined the PFW forum about 5 weeks ago, and have been having a blast. I've stopped listening to the podcast (I'm up to #24) because I need to read the fic they are reviewing (A Year Like No Other) and so I'm now able to catch up on all the OTHER podcasts I've been slacking on.

I've also moved most of my podcast subscriptions over to the ZENcast software, as it's much easier for me to transfer stuff to the new player than using iTunes. I've also discovered a few more podcasts - like The Babylon Podcast! OMG, it's run by Jeffery Willerth and company. I very fondly remember talking to him (and other B5 peeps) in the old AOL chat room "The Eclipse Cafe" - he was REELKOSH online. Memories......

Here are a few of my fav podcasts (I'll just link them again for your convenience):

Yes, those are my favorites this week. ;-) There are a ton more that I get, including an awesome few from Pendant Productions that you should check out if you like old-time radio-style programs.

There is soooo much audio available online, it's quite mind boggling.

Speaking of mind boggling, I have been adding more 'books' to the list in the sidebar - a word of warning, however. The latest entry - #22. Where In The World Is Harry Potter - gave me a bit of a headache. Funny, but very confusing.

I'm going to read AYLNO, and then I think I'd like to sit down with Lauren Willig's newest one, The Seduction of the Crimson Rose. If you like Napoleonic era/early Regency era romances with a twist, you'll like Lauren's books. They have the added bonus of a contemporary romance as well - you'll have to read it to understand what I'm talking about! Her previous books are The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, The Masque of the Black Tulip, and The Deception of the Emerald Ring. I have thoroughly enjoyed all three of her previous books, and don't doubt that the newest one will be just as fun to read.

Okay, I think I've blathered enough. Cheers!!

No comments: