Sunday, March 30, 2008

5am and i'm awake

I thought only children could make you get up at weird times because of thunderstorms. I was wrong.

The shivering puddle of fur in the corner managed to make me get up. Ah, well, it wasn't like I was asleep anyway.

We're gonna be short and sweet this post, just a couple of Potter-related newsy bits and some yarn.

I did manage to finish listening to David Reidy's Series 3 yesterday while I was folding and stuffing 1200 envelopes. I like David's podcasts - they're chatty and informative, and he likes a lot of the same things I do! He just knits a lot faster than I do. LOL! Anyway, his podcast is Sticks and String, and he's currently wrapping up Series 5 - he breaks them down into groups of 10, and focuses on specific topics - Series 3 had a lot about the Easter Show in Sydney (last year) and had interviews and observations from there and from World Wide Knit In Public Day. His 'casts are about 30-40 minutes long, and are very entertaining. Go listen!

Speaking of WWKIPDay, I've linked the website over in the sidebar, and I hope someone here in town will organize a meetup here!! I have to work, but if there's enough interest, I may ask for that day off in order to go. I'm not sure where they'd set it up - it's in the middle of June, which gets hot here in Missouri, but maybe someplace like Union Station downtown would be nice. We could take over the food court or something!

Onto the yarn:
  • 1 100g hank of a superwash merino/nylon blend (75/25) from Dharmafey - the last of the subscription series Potter Covers in colorway Deathly Hallows (sherbert orange, tan, chocolate brown, yellow, cherry red) with a stitch marker (I think it might be a representation of a cloak, but I'm not sure) and the original pattern "Hermione's Purse" - which is really a sock pattern, not a purse!

I've really liked the yarns in this series, and want to thank Carrie for all her hard work!

A little Potter news: PotterCast announced in the newest ep (#144 - The Magic Dragon) that Dame Maggie Smith was diagnosed with breast cancer, has already had the tumor removed, and 'the prognosis is good.' Leaky has an address for well-wishes, and I think I'm going to send a card, stalker!fan that I am.

The House Pouch is blocked, dried, and now I need lining material. Sounds like a trip to the fabric store! Horrors.

Well, the clock on the wall has started it's chiming for the day, so I think I'm finished for now.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were up before me? Amazing!

Anonymous said...

March 30th? ::looks at calendar:: Hmm....

Anonymous said...

June 1st....