Wednesday, April 29, 2009

caution: sunglasses needed

I don't follow golf. Really. Having said that, I had to laugh at this:

John Daly's horrifying new golf pants are visible from orbit

*dies*

On another note, Teh Prez was in town this morning marking his 100th day in office. I missed his motorcade going by, but I understand that they closed the highway for a mile ahead and behind it, and blocked all the overpasses. I'm wondering if they didn't go through downtown on the way back, since I think they left Fox about 12:30 and we didn't see them come back by. Ah well.

I do actually have a little bit of yarn to review - that'll be some time in the next little while. I started a pair of "Charade" socks, and after finishing the heel flap and turn (which I had to frog twice!?!) I ripped it all out and decided to use the same number of stitches (increased to 72 from 64) and a smaller needle. I'm also going to see if I can't do these two at a time with the magic loop technique. I just didn't like how the yarn looked - it's Paton's Stretch Socks in Taffy, and it was just too loose of a stitch, especially with the stretch in it.

The Trio were spotted in Piccadilly last week, filming the Apparation from the wedding, and part of the 'cafe attack'. They've moved it from Tottenham Court Road to Piccadilly, apparently because Piccadilly is more recognizable. There are a metric ton of paparazzi pictures from the sequence - they were there at least two nights, filming in the middle of the night with lots of extras and everything else. the pictures have already been picked apart for details! Hermione's 'beaded bag' looks like a pouch bag, in maybe dark green. I liked her red dress and shoes, though! There were also shots of Dan and Emma and a tent from the weekend before in Scotland. No Rupert, so I'm guessing it's the scene after he leaves. The tent looks like the one they used in GoF!

I'm having way too much fun with Twitter. Even got Mom on it, but I'm guessing she hasn't even looked at it since last week. It's amusing watching Brent Spiner's 'run from the law' and Matt Lewis' pining over missing Rachel (his new car). ;)

Cards lead in the Central by 2.5; still early early, though. Rubber game with the Braves tonight!

Okay, back to work for me. Cheers!

No comments: