Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2 more weeks

Less than 2 weeks to Christmas. Yikes!

I finished Kesh's socks - wow, that was fast. I actually did one sock start-to-finish in less than 24 hours. OKay, it was a short sock. Still! I like the pattern - I think I'm going to use the same pattern for D's socks, but hers will be full-sized socks. She likes the crew socks that you fold over but she doesn't fold 'em over - so she's a mid-calf-sock person. Works for me.

We went to Scottrade Center on Sunday to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra -it was awesome! We had some trouble getting there - the traffic was horrid, and there was no VIP parking for this event. We did get into the suite before it started (it started a little late) and got to eat a late lunch while they did welcomes and announcements. We were in the penthouse! The only thing we couldn't see after they raised the light framework/rig was the drums. It was an amazing show! They got started a little late - about 3:15 - and ran over more than a half hour. It finally ended about 5:45, and they had another show at 7! It was way cool with the light show, the snow (!!), the lasers, the fireworks, and the fireballs.

I totally forgot to bring any sock yarn to work with me today, and so I started a Kureopatora's Snake scarf with some Bernat Softee Chunky in Carnival that I had in my bag. I thought the color repeat was longer than it's turning out to be, but it'll still work. It's a little frenetic!

I am now on Ravelry! Yay! It's still in Beta, which means that if you don't have a Ravelry account, you can't see the site yet, but I'm here if you do have the access. I'll still be posting here - don't worry - but the blog is linked over there as well.

My thrill of the day was going to a short Q&A session (along with 90% of the corporate employees) with Paul Allen. For those of you who don't know, I work for Charter Communications, which is owned by Mr. Allen. It's just really ...well, odd to be in the same room with the guy who is the 6th richest man on the planet. We were standing room only, and so I was one person away from the door that they all came in for the presentation. Mostly, it was a rah-rah session - yesterday was the annual board meeting, which is why they were all in town - but it was still pretty cool.

I think that's all from me today. PK managed to give me a slight version of her cold, so I spent most of the day yesterday in bed with a stuffy nose and aches. Meh. I did manage to get up and catalog my DVDs - I have more than 90 movies! Ack! That wasn't counting the boxes of VHS tapes that are up in the storage room. Let's not think about those. Besides, I think they're buried under all the yarn.

Must...finish...Christmas...presents.

Cheers!

PS: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD came out today - guess what's on the schedule for viewing tonight? Yep! Heee.

PPS: 2 new banners on the sidebar: Fight Evil: Knit Socks is a MySpace group for knitting socks for charity and the PotterCast podcast banner is for...well, PotterCast!! Check them out!

No comments: