Monday, December 3, 2007

welcome to december

OMG, less than 4 weeks to Christmas.

Got your attention? Heheheh.

Well, Mom and J got married on Friday, and I sang and all was good. I'm ignoring the fact that I was nervous enough not to eat anything all day, and had a glass of wine upon arriving at the house. It was a very nice wedding, but I think we scared the best man's wife later at dinner - about the time that my aunt drank the champagne out of the bottle. ;-) She was...getting into the spirit of things a wee bit. LOL! Besides, it was almost empty. At least that's what she told me...

I went to Knitty Couture again on Saturday, and even though I said I wasn't gonna buy any more Jitterbug, well - you know how I get.

  • A 110g hank of Colinette "Jitterbug" 100% superwash merino in colorway Vatican Pie (reds, semi-solid)
  • 2 50g hanks of Interlacements Yarns "Tiny Toes" 100% superwash merino in colorway Turkish Carpet #207 (amethyst, wine, olive, yellow-brown, navy). It's darker than the picture on the link.
  • A 100g hank of 100% merino from KnittyKnitter on Etsy in coloway Flamin' Hot! (red, pink, yellow, orange) - this will probably be another pair of "Fawkes" ;)

We went to see August Rush on Sunday - I don't go to the movies much, you know, but this was a must see. Very good. Need the soundtrack. Unfortunately, Borders' was sold out. Seems that I wasn't the only one who needed the soundtrack! This one will be one that I'm going to need the DVD of, as well. The next 'movie date' will be for National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets which opens on the 21st. We're planning on going to see it on the 30th, since that's when everyone is off work.

Missouri lost to Oklahoma on Saturday 38-17 in the Big 12 championship game. It wasn't a shocker, as Oklahoma was actually favored to win, but it knocked us out of contention for a title game. Ohio State and LSU are headed to that, while Missouri is going to play Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. What irks me the most is that Kansas is going to the Orange Bowl. A team that we beat. Stupid BCS. I hope they get their butts kicked back to Lawrence. *mutter*

I think I'm done - not much else going on besides the fact that my big TV decided to flip out 2 weeks after I get cable back. Wouldn't you know it?? I'm watching digital cable on my little 13 inch TV. Oh, the torture! I may be getting Mom's old 35 inch TV later this week, but that means I'll need a bigger TV stand. Sigh.

Cheers!

PS: The newest MagKnits is up! Click on the link on the sidebar to see the new issue!

No comments: