Thursday, August 14, 2008

not a happy camper am i

Well, Warner Brothers decided to totally diss a fairly substantial part of their audience base today.

First reported on Market Watch:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Moves to Summer 2009

This has been confirmed by WB to Leaky (which apparently has crashed again - can't access the site at all) and was announced this afternoon. SciFiWire and other media sources are now reporting this as well.

Hope you didn't have any plans for November, or were planning on HBP merchandise for Christmas. I'm sure that the Royal Film Performance selection committee isn't too happy, either. WB released the teaser trailer 2 weeks ago with the November release date, fps. *pokes them really hard* I can't tell you how irritated and very disappointed I am.

Let's talk about something else.

I bought some yarn from Kirkwood Knittery on Monday - they are having "Olympic Sales". Check out their website (linked on the sidebar) for sale dates and times. Monday's was Sock Yarn! w00t!
  • 1 130g ball of Universal Yarns "fibranatura Yummy" (100% superwash wool) in colorway #41359 Seattle Skies (sky blue, ash grey, deep purple). It's not for me, it's for Ms. Violet. I already have some.
  • 1 skein of Wisdom Yarns (by Universal Yarns) "Marathon Socks - Chicago" (75% wool, 25% polyamide) in colorway #231 (white, royal purple-blue, olive green, burgundy, rust-orange). Self-striping yarn without the 'fairisle' effect.
  • 1 skein of Fortissima Colori "Socka Color" (75% superwash, 25% polyamide) in colorway #13 (distressed blue, blue/white check, grey, beige, light terra cotta/tan)
Like I said, one of those is for Ms V of Lime&Violet. She of the Seattle Fixation. I figured I'd be an enabler. ;)

Some HP fics I've been watching: Robin's Promises series on SugarQuill and FernWithy's "Shift-verse" which includes the completed Teddy Lupin and the Forest Guard that I've been watching on SugarQuill as well. It's been done for a while! Geh.

I've joined the Team Slackers for the Ravelympics - I'm on the neck decreases for the BSJ. The striping pattern is pretty! I'll take pics when it's cast off.

Happy 84th birthday, Grandpa!!

I can't think of anything else to blab about - Cards won today against the Marlins, and the Olympics are on. (go Phelps!)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.