Wednesday, July 23, 2008

omg, no yarn this time

No, I haven't taken leave of my senses. I just didn't buy any yarn this weekend. I didn't say I wasn't gonna talk about knitting, though.

I am working on Julia's Challot cloth - I discovered a major problem in looking at finished projects in Ravelry: The blessing is misspelled. On the third line! Aaaaaaaargh. I think I'll just rip and re-do the entire middle section. Sigh. I'd finished the pointed lace edging, and I'm currently doing the braid. I think it looks cool - the braid is an alternating cable, and really looks like it's three segments braided together. Re-doing the middle section's gonna set me back a bit, though - I was hoping to have this finished by the end of the month, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I have about 10-15 more rows of Seeker's Sleeve #2 before binding off for the armpit. I've been seriously looking at how to make this pattern into a seamless raglan, but it's going to be a challenge with all those different stitch patterns. I really need to sit down and chart it, so I can see what I'm doing, but I need to find the activation key for my software. It's in a box in the office closet, I think. I hope! I don't want to have to purchase the software again.

Comfort Sock #2 is on hold with me working on the Challot cloth. It's my carry-around project at the moment, and since I haven't had time to do anything while I'm out and about (busy busy at work), I haven't touched it. It'll get there.

Jim doing fine, as far as I know.

Happy Birthday to Dan Radcliffe - 19 years old today. I am still amazed that it's been an entire year since Deathly Hallows hit the bookshelves, and a year today that I went and saw Order of the Phoenix in the theatre. I talked to Alli a little about it last night - I called her about 10:30 my time and blubbered with her on the phone about Remus and Tonks and Fred and Dobby and Hedwig. A whole year. Wow.

Work is continuing on the recording of Battle of Wills, but I haven't heard from the author yet. :(

I think that's all for me for right now - got another meeting to go to, and you know me - I'm boring!

Oh, one last thing - if you get a chance, go watch this video. It looks like a lot of fun!!

Cheers!

No comments: