Sunday, November 11, 2007

knitty couture

Hi! Well, I went to the new shop in town and *dramatic sigh* bought yarn. Surprised? I didn't think so.

The new acquisitions:
  1. 2 50gram balls of Interlacements 100% superwash merino "Tiny Toes" in Fireplace Embers (chocolate brown, tan, red, orange-gold, ash grey)*
  2. 2 50 gram balls of Interlacements 100% superwash merino "Tiny Toes" in Woodland (dark green, olive, golden brown, chocolate brown, black)* - I think this is my Harry yarn. Yay!
  3. A ball of Fleece Artist "Somoko" (65% merino, 20% kid [mohair?], 10% nylon, 5% silk) in an unnamed colorway which somehow reminded me of the huge old-growth trees just north of Vancouver, BC. Hard to describe. Dark olive to deep forest green, chocolate brown to golden-tan, and indigo-ish blues. Very rich colors, and very yummy feeling.
  4. A hank of 100% superwash merino from Sunshine Yarns in colorway Chinese Fireball (reds, black, greys). Hi Dani! Hope you liked Alaska!! :)

The asterisks are due to the fact that for some odd reason, the links first show that the security certificate for the window is not valid. It's alright, there's nothing bad about the site. Really. Go look.

I did take a look at the Chairman of the Board but I liked the Woodland better. I still want to go to Loopy Ewe and check out Easter Basket. If it's not too bright, I may have to have that one, too.

Knitty Couture is a small shop, lots of yarn on the walls! and lots of hand-dyed stuff. Yum. It looks like they carry mostly natural fibers - very little that I saw in the way of anything else. I think they had every shade of Cascade 220 on the market! I've got them linked over on the sidebar, and they have Sundays hours but are closed on Mondays.

Okay, I'm done for now - L keeps thwacking me for making her click on yarn links (I am NOT controlling the mouse!) and so I must go.

Cheers!!

No comments: