Wednesday, November 21, 2007

new yarn review & a link

Sorry, was going to post last night and got wrapped up in a project. Anyway, here's the info on the Potter Covers yarn:

  • 100 g hank of superwash merino/nylon/bamboo (60/10/30) sock yarn in the colorway Prisoner of Azkaban (lime green/light purple-blue, grey, peach, yellow cream)

It's very sooooooffftttt. The pattern is "Sirius Black", and it has two main features: his Azkaban ID (that's what was tattooed on his chest, btw) on the leg and the foot...is a paw! With pads on the bottom! Very cute. I may have to do this pattern again with a light solid, or maybe a contrast for the details. *ponders*

I can't wait to get my hands on the last three. I think I've said that before - but I loved the covers for OotP, HBP, and DH.

The podcast I mentioned yesterday - well, it slipped my mind to look up the URL, so I googled it. It's a Podshow 'cast, and the temporary site is here. There are some 'keepers' in the first group - I'm marathoning these, and I'm only up to Episode 12b, I think. The second half of the "Musicals" postings. I did skip the slash ep - just sooo not in the mood for Snape/Harry or Draco/Harry. Ick.

I finished PK's second sock, and now am pondering wristlets with the remaining yarn. I also need to send Wooly Treasures a shot of Ash's socks, as that was the yarn I used. If you buy yarn over Etsy or online, do you send pics of the finished product back to the dyer? I'm curious if other people do that....

Got to run errands during lunchtime, so have a nice Thanksgiving!

No comments: