Monday, August 20, 2007

day 21 antics

Hello yet again.

You'll have to bear with me here, I'm in the middle of a deep scan on the computer, and may be reformatting here tomorrow night if I can't get the !#$%^& popups to go away. Yes, I do this for a living, and Yes, my computer is infected with at least one trojan, and Yes, I do know how to get rid of it, but there have been other issues with this computer and it's OS for a month or two now, and It's Time. The most painful part of a reformat is the re-installation of all my various programs. Meh.

Sweater update: I finished the first sleeve! Yay! It's 2 inches too long! Ack!

Rrrrip!

I took it back to the true 18"-from-beginning mark, and started the decreases again. It appears I took the sleeve out to a full 3 (or was it 4?) repeats before starting the decreases, which properly measured out was 19.5". This time, I started the decreases within the main moss diamond repeat. I know this will just add to the complication factor, but it won't have gorilla arms. By the length of the sleeve - and I know, it grows even longer when seamed - it would have been past my knuckles. Too long for an aran-type. I'll be decreasing a little more aggressively as well, I think - not as many 4-row decreases before starting the every-other-row decreases. It'll STILL have 35 every-other-row decreases, which means that the sleeve will still be in the neighborhood of 200 rows long, give or take 10 or so, but it will FIT.

This means I'm holding off on photographing it till I cast off again. Sorry, Rachel! I promise I'll be posting that blocked-out piece soon! If I can work on it this week, perhaps by Saturday.

I did not start another pair of socks (Yay me! Self-restraint is a virtue...) and I did manage to set Teh Pirate Sweater on the sofa to work on it....before I ripped the sleeve. I only have 3 weeks and a few days! must...work...on...sweater....

One last word - yes this is a quickie - the TV series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century is just as corny and full of skimpily-clad women as I remember it. D in KS sent me the "Complete Series" DVDs that I couldn't find at Wallyworld here (thanks D!!) and I've been having a lot of fun watching for old-school BSG props on the show as well as the totally implausible and sometimes totally illogical plots. I do still love Gil Girard, tho :)

Okay, that's all for now. Cheers!

No comments: